Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Caleb at 8 months in Holland


scan0020
Originally uploaded by Fulana.
Gabe and Amanda and Caleb came to visit Chelsea and me at our apartment in Rotterdam during the second week of July, 2005. Chelsea and I took care of Caleb a lot while Amanda and Gabe saw some sites and sights. Caleb was such a happy little fellow. He sat in the kitchen eating his vegetables with a smile on his face, with just two teeth in his mouth. We took him to see the deer every evening in Kralingse Bos, near our apartment. Nothing changes the pace of your life like a baby, even if you are mere grandparents. Chelsea tells me to appreciate Calab, he is the one carrying on my wonderful DNA. I do not know about that, but is does feel nice to be with a new generation of the family, and wonder at how so quickly I became the oldest rather than the youngest generation. My head is still spinning from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home