Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Friday, September 16, 2005

Vandalized LR in Green FrogApril 05

I was shocked to see the brutal vandalization of the interior of the Green Frog Cafe when Chelsea and I visited in April 2005. I have been working on this place for 31 years, and it is a repository of many memories of my children as they grew up, to say nothing of the things which were destroyed. I was devastated. I have struggled all this time to painstakingly assemble this building, hauling found windows from New York, carrying 2x12-16 ft. oak floor joists, working in every spare moment which I could find in the small periods between my career and family responsibilities. If I had been there when the vandals were there I would have been enraged, and would have confronted them fiercely. It is so frustrating to have faceless cowards destroy my painstaking handiwork. The windows and their frames were all smashed, but the basic structure of the house was not damaged. I shall carry on doggedly until I cannot carry on anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home