Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Monday, September 12, 2005

3 Generations


3 Generations
Originally uploaded by Cat Whisperer.
Jonica took this picture last Sunday in one of our favorite haunts, "Tacos Nuevo Mexico" on 5th Avenue and 12th in Park Slope Brooklyn. This is one of the most authentic Mexican restaurants I have experienced outside of Mexico. Everyone in the family goes there fairly frequently. Yesterday I walked in alone after church at the Park Slope United Methodist Church, with Sunday New York Times in hand, ready for a solitary brunch reading the New York Times Magazine article about Osama Bin Laden, when I heard "Rusty, Rusty." I thought "who is this going to be now," since I run into people who know me in lots of places, being a teacher and all. I looked up and there was Jonica, with Amanda, and Caleb sitting in a high chair just scarfing down the last of his squash and green beans. Jonica snapped this "three generation shot" as they were going off to meet Gabe at the Smith Bar, watching the New Orleans Saints prevail in their first NFL game since Hurricane Katrina. I took a four generation shot once with my grandmother, mother, and Jonica when she was about 3. I hardly expect to be around long enough for Caleb to catch me with his three year old. I like the picture Jonica made. I also liked the perfect huevos rancheros I munched (washed down with a Modelo Negro) as I read the article about how the US has aided and abetted terroism in the past four years through ignorance and stupidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home