Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Monday, January 10, 2005


One of the things I did at Sue's was to go through some old family picture albums which she has. Since we have had so many babies gestating and born suring the past year I wanted to show this early picture of my mother and father taken in the early 1940's at the home of Uncle Harvey and Aunt Bernice Moore in Aliquippa. After Caleb was Born in October we were all trying to figure out who he looked like. Paul Martin Moore, holding the baby in the picture, was still recovering from reheumatic fever which nearly caused his death in Fall 1941, which must have been extremely stressful for Mary Katherine Long Moore during her pregnancy. Paul Martin was left with an enlarged and weakened heart, which led to his death nine years later on July 10, 1951.
Rhona McMahan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home