Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Monday, November 08, 2004


This is a picture of the Rev. Dr. Orlando H. Milligan taken at a Moore family reunion in New Concord, Ohio in the early 1950's. Uncle Orr was the husband of my great aunt Ivy Moore Milligan, who was the sister of my grandfather James Russell Moore (Caleb Russell Soria's great-great-grandfather) and also the sister of my great uncle Paul Miller Moore, once Supreme Grand Master Top Dog of the Knights Templar in the United States. Uncle Orr was the son of a carpenter, and he was an accomplished carpenter in addition to being a nationally know clergyman. He was also an avid organic gardener, and had a big compost pile behind his house, which was across from the house I grew up in on Brodhead Road in Aliquippa, Pa. Uncle Orr was for years the head pastor of the Avalon United Presbyterian Church, in Avalon, Pa., one of Pittsburgh's suburbs. He was the Corresponding Secretary of the national United Presbyterian Church for many years. I think he was very supportive of harmony in the cosmic ecosystem.
Rhona McMahan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home