Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Monday, January 10, 2005


Happy New Year to everyone reading this blog. Today I am going to start posting pictures taken during 2004 as a kind of holiday letter update. This picture was taken at Sister Sue Bennett's house during a visit in mid-January, 2004. Chelsea and Jamie and I drove out via route 80, hittting no new snow, but a good deal of fog, especially around the great salt lake. We drove because Chelsea was afraid to fly since she was worked over so agressively the last time we flew to New Orleans. It was very tense along the way because of fear of hasseling from the "red state" people, especially in Laramie Wyoming. Actually nothing untoward happened, but it was a relief to get into Nevada and California. We had a good time along the way making a video and listening to tapes of Indian drums and witches. As we drove along I was reminded of the many previous times I had driven across America. I love long road trips and the west. For some reason it makes me feel a kinship with my Aunt Mabel.
Rhona McMahan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home