Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Sunday, September 12, 2004


Chelsea and I worked on digging a foundation for the hot tub for several days. We had to create a level base in the side of the mountain which would hold the 5,000 pounds of water without settling. Five timbers will go on top of the level ground, then four chimes which support the cedar floor of the tup. Gabe's red hand truck was a lifesend as we moved the heavy timbers from the Jeep on the logging road 100 down the hill to the hot tub construction site. I hope this works, because the alternative is to schlepp in 80 pound bags of concrete to mix a 6 inch pad on site. I am not up for carrying much concrete at this stage of my life, and neither is Chelsea. The hot tub will be about 30 yards from the house, filled by an upstream syphon placed in the stream which runs by the Green Frog.
Rhona McMahan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home