Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Saturday, September 11, 2004


I finally reconstructed the loftbed which I built for Amanda's room in her 2001 apartment in Park Slope. The bed is in Jonica's room at the Green Frog Cafe. I have been planning to put a loft here since I designed the house in 1974-75. My plan is to winterize this room so that the weather tight space in the house will be doubled. This means that I must build at least two doors and several wondows and walls. The heated space in the house will be increased from the current 230 square feet to 360 square feet. Total floor space of the house is now 840 square feet, so the house is currently about 27 percent winterized. The wooden trunk in the picture has followed me from Boston to Sao Paulo to Phoenix to Austin to New York to Paddy Mountain over the past 35 years.
Rhona McMahan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home