Green Frog Cafe

"Living in nature, listening to the rain, Green Frog Cafe, that's where I want to be. The hemlocks are green, the creek is tricklin, there's geese on the pond, the forest sighs. Green Frog Cafe that's where I want to be, home of my soul, spirit of the mountains." Ruminations of Rhona McMahan

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Father's Day Tomorrow

I told Sadaisha today that tomorrow is Father's Day, and that one or all of my children would probably send me greetings. This she found to be incomprehensible. Ah well, I hope I am less delusional in some matters than in others.

I am just back at my computer after diving into my home's catch basin which just a few days ago was filled with raw sewage. In opening the cleanout pipe at that time I lost the cap to the cleanout in the muck around the pipe. Thus raw sewage has been flowing in clear view of anyone who cared to look into the catch basis, now alive with flying insects bearing who knows what pestilence. I was letting it "cure" for a while, relying on evaporation, before diving in with a digger to clean things up and find the clean-out cap. Today there was a mild scent of sewer in the kitchen, so it seemed to me that the time had come. I got a big serving spoon as supplied by IKEA (they think of everything) and dug around in the muck, which had now turned to something like moist sand. I found the cap (plug) contemplated the sewage rushing through the pipe as it should for a while (with a sense of satisfaction) and slapped that old cap right back on there. I dug out a few things, examined the catch basin carefully to reach a better understanding of it all, and put the trap door back over it. As I worked (wearing long black heavy rubber gloves) I thought of beautiful Yemanja close by. I feel badly that she has such a smelly body of water to reign over, but as Ed Norton always says, "life is like a sewer...you only get out of it what you put in." (there's another Alzheimers repeat)

I made reservations for Stockholm today, finally, after great drama. I am going by myself, since Chelsea resisted for so long that I began to think about what it would cost for the two of us, and that she really does not like to travel overseas, or in the US. It was a relief to finally get my reservation, but immediately I began to feel sad about going to Sweden without her, and I went back for another round of emotional discussion about it all. I ended up still going by myself at the end. She is mad at me for being so passive, waiting for others to tell me what they want. I am what I am.

I am really tense about money right now, especially after hearing from Scott Cowan and the price of attending one of the 375 greatest universities in the US. The good news is that by the 11th of July I will have paid off the first loan I took out related to Amanda at Smith. That will be a real step forward!

First thing this morning I went to Lowe's with Sadaisha to get another cart full of things she need to paint her room: floor paint, extra trim paint, different paint for the fireplace mantel, pricing for carpeting, etc. I ended up in a tense state, waiting for her to make up her mind about things. The room looks like the inside of a pepto dismal bottle at this point, almost any color will hardly be noticed.

Colin called me from Brazil last night for the third or fourth time in a week. It was a nice conversatgion at first, but then I asked him a few things about comments on his blog, which violated my resolve to never do this, but I was stoned. He clammed up, and I still do not understand what is up with him. Maybe it is simply anticipation of re-entry, and the unknowns that will bring. I felt so badly after saying goodbye, sensing that he was put off by something, but not able to find the key.

Chelsea and I are going to a concert in the Prospect Park Bandshell this evening, which will be a good chance to get out of the house. I can't remember what we will see, but it is some big name group.

I feel like playing the guitar lately. Maybe I can get a few moments to go an hide and play by myself. If I take a song book I will be able to remember some of the words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home